Wednesday 3 March 2010

Richard completes 5000 landmark

Thursday 18 February 2010 was a big day for Prudhoe based Key Skills Music when 10 year old Joseph Torre received the school's 5000th piano lesson. Joseph, from Newcastle, has been a Key Skills pupil since October 2006 & attended over 120 lessons.

"When I gave the very first lesson on 9 September 2003, I never dreamed I would give another 4999," said Principal, Richard Hannam.

"I'm really enjoying learning the piano," said Joseph. "Richard makes it easy & a lot of fun!"

"I am delighted for Joseph as he's been a great pupil for over 3 years. And you should hear him play the James Bond theme! If it hadn't been for a late re-arrangement, the honour would have gone to another student."

"I'm very proud to have reached this 5000 lesson milestone but I would sincerely like to thank all of my loyal pupils, both past & present, for making it possible."

Joseph & stepdad Greg (pictured) received a card & some gifts to celebrate the occasion. All the other pupils also received a thank you card & a gift.

No comments: